Nitrile | NBR | Buna N™
Nitrile is a copolymer of butadiene and acrylonitrile, and is a highly popular material due to its great petroleum resistance and custom compounding abilities. The material has excellent resistance to silicone greases, hydraulic fluids, alcohols, water, and has a favorable balance of good compression set, high abrasion resistance along with high tensile strength.
NBR is commonly used in military applications requiring good performance in low temperatures.
- Fuel resistant
- Top choice for military industry
- Works well in low temperature applications
- Good compression set, high abrasion, high tensile
- Standard Temperature Range: -40° to +257°F
- Hardness (Shore A): 40 to 90
- Custom Compounding: Can increase ranges, contact us for information
NBR is made in a hydrogenated version (abbreviated HNBR) that is highly resistant to thermal and oxidative deterioration and remains flexible at lower temperatures.
Request a Quote
View Line Card
Return To Material Choices